Pages

Wedding Show DIY Project: How to make our stars!

Thursday, January 16, 2014




The highlight of our booth according to the Seattle Wedding show vendors and attendees were our hanging stars. I went in search of cute yet easy to make stars to hang in our Persian themed wedding booth and came across a great blog that had the stars I was looking for. I wanted to make something that was easy and didn't have to glue, tape or staple. 

Here is a link to how to make the Stars!

I spent less than $7 on 30 cardstock paper in three colors and with the aid of a pen, scissors and a scoring tool, my team and I spent one evening tracing and cutting out the stars and assembling them.

This was by far the easiest DIY project we have done and all of the stars came out spectacular.

To hang the stars we used a small scrapbook hole punch and then strung them on fishing line and viola there you have it!

Our biggest piece of advice is to get paper that is not too heavy nor too thin so the star is easy to fold and bend and hold its shape.



No comments:

Post a Comment

blog design by mira belleza